By Adam Fraser
It was probably the single most important marketing (if not business) decision I have made. I had been a passionate podcast consumer for many years – it remains today my number one method for learning and staying abreast of current news and trends – but the plunge into podcast production was absolutely a leap into the dark. No media experience, no audio production experience, no interviewing experience….
Fast forward approximately two and a half years and I have just surpassed 120 podcast episodes. I have met and interviewed some incredible, inspirational and extremely knowledgeable people. Some of the brightest minds on the planet when it comes to all things social, digital and martech. I have learned a huge amount along the way with my audience.
So Why Write an eBook on Social and Digital?
The podcasts had thrown up so many astute and interesting points in relation to the strategic landscape of social media, digital marketing and marketing technology.
I kept thinking if I could blend all the insights from all episodes in one spot (metaphorically – no videos of iPhones being crushed here) – what were the key take outs? The headlines and must know points? The exec summary of 120 episodes of 45-50 mins each?
The seed of “Podcast Gems” was born. A “coffee table” style eBook. Key insights presented in a visually captivating way across a range of topics. Straight text podcast transcripts would be hard to digest for even the hardiest of social media analyst but cool pictures, infographics, break out quotes, bullet point summaries – sounds good!
Spoiled for Choice
When you have been lucky enough to have the who’s who of social media and marketing thought leaders on your podcast – how on earth do you pick 5 to base a book on?
Not easy. Not easy at all. A nice problem to have but still very difficult!
In the end, I plumped for expertise by theme to offer a breadth of insight across different social and digital topics, namely:
- Customer retention marketing – Joseph Jaffe, author of Flip and Funnel
- Marketing technology and a world of 5,000 marketing tools – Scott Brinker, author and writer at chiefmartec.com
- Influencer Marketing – Scott Monty, former head of social at Ford
- Social Media Landscape – Jay Baer, best-selling author and key note speaker
- Social Customer Service – Dan Gingiss, author of “Winning at Social Customer Care”
Why Read This Book?
- It looks incredible! Beautiful imagery, visually focused, digestible takeaway points.
- The deepest thinking and insight from genuine thought leaders and subject matter experts in the social media and digital marketing sectors.
- Punchy conclusions across a breadth of topics.
- A great way to understand current trends, key insights and best practice tips for the social media and digital marketing landscape in 2017.
Some Teaser Quotes
To whet your appetite, some examples of the great insights in the book from each of these leading thinkers:
“Twitter should be acquired by the United Nations.”
“You can’t use the absence of perfection to justify becoming a Luddite!”
“Facebook is the swiss army knife of tools.”
“Great content succeeds, mediocre content does not.”
“People complaining about your brand is not something to be scared of, it’s something to learn from.”
How Do I Get Podcast Gems?
I am glad you asked J.
Whilst perfectly readable on a phone, the best experience with the Flip Book digital format will be on your desktop or laptop.
Either way, the book can be downloaded via https://echojunction.furtzdesigns.com/ebook-3/
A Few Words of Thanks
I was really just the conductor here….
Huge thanks to the 5 wonderful podcast guests who collaborated on this project with me, and to the brilliant marketing team at BNY in Sydney who managed the design and production process.
I hope you find value in the book…