CMO at Curtin University, Tyron Hayes, joins the podcast this week to talk education marketing. We discuss:
- Ty’s career to date
- Ty’s experience cracking the CMO50 awards top 10 at a young age
- Marketing in the education sector, Ty’s marketing team and breadth of physical and digital marketing activities Ty oversees at Curtin University
- The importance of and delivering Curtin University as a global brand, and achieving this through global education partnerships
- Marketing to the millennial and the range of mediums Curtin have engaged in to reach their target audiences digitally, physically, domestically and globally
- Why Ty has moved Curtin away from TV advertising and the mediums they are achieving market growth from
- The student journey to university, and how and when Curtin are engaging potential undergraduates
- Gary v Uni: Ty’s thoughts on the marketing education debate, the cannibalization of degrees and why degrees will continue to exist while there is employer demand
- The CMO challenge of reserving a seat at the executive table and how Ty has found success through aligning marketing with corporate strategies while delivering value over art
- The contributing factors that led Ty to the marketing profession and to become a leader within the sector
- Ty’s marketing team of 70(!) at Curtin, and the subgroup teams taking care of brand, acquisition, technology, accounts and analytics
- Future strategic directions for Ty and Curtin University
Fantastic to host another one of Australia’s top CMOs, gaining valuable insight into education marketing and leadership from an exceptional practitioner in Ty. As always, well worth a listen!
Ty can be found on LinkedIn.
Click here for more on Curtin University.
Ty recommends reading Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High by Kerry Patterson and co.