ANZ Marketing Director for Kellogg’s, Tamara Howe, joins the podcast this week to talk branding. We discuss:
- Tamara’s career to date
- The new and major brands Tamara looks after at Kellogg’s
- The Kellogg’s brand portfolio and how Kellogg’s devises teams, resources and portfolios across its vast number of brands
- The CMO tenure and Tamara’s long-term longevity at Kellogg’s
- Kellogg’s broad-based marketing strategy and mix, and why segmentation isn’t important at Kellogg’s
- Reach first: why traditional media is number one for Kellogg’s based and using social as a touchpoint for individual brands
- The importance of great, breakthrough content when advertising on TV
- Tamara’s thoughts on the cost of media and why it isn’t as simple as price
- The value of brand in consumer decisions and price premiums
- The level of involvement and control Tamara and her team has throughout Kellogg’s, from product development and portfolio management through to the path to purchase
- The Pringles brand, its phenomenal growth and how four factories serve the entire global market
- Social listening and how Kellogg’s rectified issues with the Pringles product
- Pringles and using a closed community on Facebook for consumer insights and product development
- Special K and determining brand purpose through the core promise and changing consumer societal needs
- Burger King and the importance of authenticity and credibility for brands when engaging in areas not associated with it
- Kellogg’s work with the Ehrenberg-Bass Institute
Fantastic to host such an experienced and esteemed practitioner in Tamara, who delivers a truly insightful and valuable discussion into brand management, marketing and the massive multinational that is Kellogg’s. Well worth a listen!
Tamara can be found on LinkedIn.
Click here for more on Kellogg’s.
Tamara recommends reading Who Brands Grow by Professor Byron Sharp.