Word-of-mouth marketer extraordinaire, Saul Colt, joins the EchoJunction podcast to discuss podcasting. We discuss:
- Saul’s career to date
- Saul’s new podcast show “We Now Join The Program Already In Progress”
- The grind and passion involved in developing and delivering a podcast show
- Podcasting maturity and why Saul believes that the power of podcasting hasn’t truly been harnessed in terms of intimacy and brand story telling
- Consumer behaviour and pushing podcasts into the mainstream through streamlining technology
- Why blogging is still alive and well, and why podcasting is now in the mainstream
- Saul’s keynote speech for Amazon on personal branding and how Saul developed his own
- Where to for Amazon and why Saul sees Amazon dominating all from commerce to media and advertising
- The faults in Amazon’s shopping user experiences and why they’re now a ‘utility company’
- Word of mouth marketing and Saul’s thoughts on Jay Baer’s new book Talk Triggers
- The Nike running club, word of mouth for organisations and creating real world experiences that will get people talking
Great to get Saul back on the show again. Insightful conversation as always as he delivers his unique and different perspective on the marketing world. Well worth a listen!
Saul recommends attending South by Southwest.
Saul recommends reading Mitch Joel’s blog, Six Pixels of Separation.
My previous podcasts with Saul on: