ANZ Marketing Director for Campari Nicole Stanners joins the podcast this week to talk marketing. We discuss:
- Nicole’s extensive career, covering the likes of Unilever, Cadbury, Campbell Arnotts, Diageo, and Campari
- The Campari Group and its house of brands
- Dove, brand purpose and how Campari Group has been using SKYY Vodka in support of gender equality and LGBT rights
- The role and importance of culture when marketing alcohol across the globe
- The ROI of marketing strategies and the CMO challenges in catering to short-term strategies while influencing change for long-term strategies
- Lessons in taking global alcoholic brands and marketing them for local markets, from maintaining brand consistency, macro market trends, foreign insights, and cultural adaptability
- Back to the basics: how Nicole manages the intersection of marketing and IT, through leaning on IT capabilities while maintaining the core, long-standing principles of marketing
- Campari Group’s strength on social platforms, due to alcoholic brands existing within the social occasion
- Social listening, customer services and how Aperol are using chatbots to meet inquiries online
- The B2B selling side of alcoholic brands, despite the focus on B2C marketing and the importance of having relationships with both consumers and businesses
- Natalie’s view on e-commerce, Amazon and why brands need to be constantly adapting to their market, competitors and new entrants that disrupt the way brands operate
- Future trends in the marketing space and why Natalie places more focus on counter trends, especially in the context of social media and privacy issue fallouts
- Changes in the alcoholic industry, from consumer and brand focuses on health, to the continued rise of independent distilleries and breweries
- Why social is here to stay, but the platforms of use will continue to change
Great to host such an experienced practitioner of Nicole’s calibre. Our conversation is highly insightful, especially within the alcoholic beverage industry, and across the marketing sector. Well worth a listen!
Nicole can be found on LinkedIn.
Click here for more on Campari.
Nicole recommends reading Blue Ocean Strategy by W. Chan Kim and Renée A. Mauborgne and Eating the Big Fish by Adam Morgan.
Click here for my previous podcast with Lion Beer Marketing Director Gerard Smith.