Pacific Region Head of B2B Marketing at Mercer, Natalie Truong, joins the podcast this week to talk B2B marketing. We discuss:
- Natalie’s career to date and her time working with Jac Phillips
- Mercer and Natalie’s role in driving the B2B brand and in the ‘career space’
- The transition from B2C to B2B marketing and the differences between the two in terms of marketing practices and positioning
- Selling the value of brand in a B2B environment and the importance of getting seat at the executive table in informing about the value of brand
- Natalie’s CIO Magazine article “Martech is marvellous but it’s no silver bullet” and why you can be a fool with tools with martech when you don’t have an understanding of the fundamentals of your business problem
- Shiny new toy syndrome, Salesforce and the differing experience martech users can have based on business needs
- The automation wave and serving the right message, at the right time, on the right channel
- The importance as a marketer in knowing when and where automation, chatbots and human interaction is appropriate and needed along communication channels
- The sales-marketing relationship and why it is absolutely necessary to have a strong bond in B2B business
- The skillsets Natalie looks for in today’s marketers, and why she values the soft skills more than the technical at the interview stage
- Social media in B2B, Mercer’s success on LinkedIn and being on the right platform for your audience
Great to host Natalie on the podcast. She delivers the insight and the know-how that only a marketer of her calibre can. Well worth a listen!
Click here for more on Mercer.
Natalie recommends reading Radical Candor by Kim Scott.