The one and only, Jay Baer returns to the podcast for a fourth time (!) to talk about his new book, Talk Triggers. We discuss:
- Jay’s career to date and his marketing strategy style approach to publishing
- Faster, easier and cheaper customer acquisition: the common thread throughout Jay’s books
- Promotional tactics and how Jay uses his speeches to market new books
- Jay’s induction into the Speakers Hall of Fame
- Word of mouth as the original marketing strategy and why businesses need a strategy for it
- Defining a ‘talk trigger’ and how The Cheesecake Factory has created a compelling conversation through its menu, that has turned its customers into advocates and provided free advertising
- The difference between talk triggers and ‘surprise & delight’ stunts
- The four types of talk trigger criteria: remarkable, relevant, reasonable and repeatable
- The five types of talk triggers: talkable generosity and Skip’s Kitchen, talkable usefulness and Air New Zealand’s ‘sky couch’, talkable empathy, talkable speed and talkable attitude
- Why talk triggers and word of mouth is essential for B2B businesses, more so than B2C
Another fantastic conversation with Jay in the bag! An honour to have hosted Jay again as we meander through another must listen conversation. Well worth a listen!
Jay recommends attending the Conex Conference.
Jay recommends following the Social Media Lab blog.
Jay prefers dogs, and if he could, Jay would like to be an alpaca.