I have a fascinating discussion on the strategic marketing landscape with well-known social media thought leader Jay Baer.
In this episode we discuss:
- How Jay got to where he is today – an interesting background!
- Jay’s view of how the concept of ‘Youtility’ and content marketing intersect
- How traditional advertising fits into the marketing mix in 2015
- Use cases for social media within an enterpise beyond sales and marketing
- The old chestnut – calculating the ROI of social
- What the growth in messaging platforms means for the broader social media market
- Who should own social media strategy within an enterprise
- Why the separation of customer service, sales and marketing makes no sense
- Key trends in social media in 2015
- Why websites could become the am radio of the future
- Plus lots lots more!
- (Including – most importantly – Jay’s favourite social network and why he would take the iPad Mini not the regular iPad to a desert island!)
Jay brings his best stuff to this interview and I highly recommend you take the time to listen. This really is a top performer talking at the peak of his game. I hope you enjoy!
Jay’s best-selling book is Youtility
The EMyth by Michael Gerber is the book that has had the greatest impact on Jay.